Why I Dress Well
I recently had a conversation with someone where they mentioned the first thing they noticed about me was the way I dressed. They proceeded to point out my snakeskin shoes. The first thing they assumed about me was that I like quality. I immediately responded with, “On somethings” in a slightly defensive manner. My response was true. I am pretty frugal depending on the item but I seemed to think I was being judged for being high maintenance. The comment forced me to examine why I like the things I do, more importantly why I dress the way I do. It’s something that I had not really given much thought.
1. I view fashion as a type of art form. It is obviously more apparent on runways but it exists in everyday life. When I pick out what I am going to wear in the morning it is often influenced by how I feel at that moment. Therefore, it is an expression of who I am.
2. Clothes typically make me feel good. Whether it’s comfortable in joggers or pretty in a pencil skirt. I dress for myself and what I feel comfortable in.
3. I work hard. It’s a struggle to get up and go to work some mornings, not to mention the sacrifices I have made to earn a reasonable paycheck. So if I splurge on a pair of designer shoes I think I earned it. Besides, life is a little sweeter with some rewards.
4. Whether we will admit it or not, people judge others based on their appearance. (Hence the reason for this article.) So I’d rather have a good first impression. My look is clean and feminine and that is how I would like to be perceived.
5. My style is also on the professional side. You never know who you might run into and what opportunity they might be able to offer. Therefore, I dress as though an opportunity is waiting outside my front door.
Why do you dress the way you do? Tell me in the comments below.
Style: They say you aren't supposed to wear white after Labor Day but it's still 90+ degrees outside in Texas and this romper is too cute to pass up. The back is especially cute!
Pairing this romper with espadrilles makes it a great outfit for brunch.
This romper is actually a piece I use to sell in my boutique. One woman bought the romper for her bridal shower and sent me a photo after. It was perfect. I still have a couple of these in stock and I am willing to sell them for $30 each. Message me!
I am a size six and wearing a medium. Espadrilles are from Steve Madden, which you can find at DSW for approximately $80. The Bag is a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM, which retails for $1200.